Finals: I Haz Them

photo-2

My posting schedule is about to become even more erratic as my second-to-last set of college finals begins. As always, thank you so much for your patience with my utter inability to multitask. If you feel like commiserating, please feel free to share the perfumes that help you stay focused while working on a big assignment. I’m off the Adderall and need all the help I can get!

19 Responses to “Finals: I Haz Them”

Good luck, Ari! I can’t recommend a perfume to help you stay focused, but I got through the last part of my dissertation on a chocolate-covered espresso beans!

Thank you so much, BB! I actually have something like a chocolate-espresso perfume, the wonderful Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Mokha. (Allegedly the only CSP that CSP’s founder actually wears!)

2. anatu13

It’s weird because I like this one for going to sleep, too, but Frederic Malle Lys Mediterranee usually makes me feel sharp–the salty-gingery notes. Vero Profumo Mito makes me feel work-like too.

Good luck with your finals! You will rock them I’m sure!

-Christy

Thank you so much, Christy! That’s one of the few Malles I still haven’t tried. Only $280 for a Malle sample coffret…

• susan

OH, in my very quick perusal of the Malle line, Lys was one of my faves! I want that sample set so bad, too. Not in my price range right now…

3. Sharon C.

Good luck, Ari! Even though it’s been MANY years, I remember the stress of finals. I got by on WAY too much coffee. I would recommend either Origins Ginger Essence or Gloomaway–both are bright, energizing scents.

Thank you so much, Sharon! I can’t believe Gloomaway is a real perfume name- that’s so freaking cute. I would wear it even if it smelled like Secretions Magnifique! (Okay, okay, let’s not get carried away.)

Good luck on your finals. Chanel No.19 helps me focus, only because it makes me feel invincible.

YAY!! FINALS!! Get them done Princess. you are going to slay them.
    I often wear City of Angels to focus. Thanks!
    Green tea by Arden is good for me too.
    Love and wishes for your continued exam success.

I would say coffee, but I didn’t go full-on into my coffee addiction until grad school, actually. In college I ate a ton of dill-pickle-flavored Route 11 potato chips and diet cherry cokes during finals…. and skittles. Like all the time. har.

Good luck! I don’t have any perfumes that help me focus so I’m no help to you there. Just stay as rested as possible. You’ll do great.

8. rosiegreen62

Good luck on your finals. I second the recommendation for #19, sorry you can only find #19 Poudre. Make sure to eat right and stay hydrated to keep your balance.

9. Vanessa

All the very best with your finals. I did mine a long time ago, pre-perfume, so to help you focus, I can only recommend a revision system based around distilled nuggets of info on a pack of postcards! (If nuggets can be distilled, about which I have my doubts.)