Perfumista Problems

photo-4

Look how symmetrical my perfume collection is, you guys. Two L’Artisans at the ends, two Etat Libre d’Oranges in the center. It is the Jessica Alba of perfume collections. I never planned to develop a perfectly symmetrical collection, but now that I have one, I feel compelled to maintain the balance. My recent purchase of Slumberhouse Ore (I had to snatch it up before Slumberhouse changes the beautiful marble packaging) fit easily into the back row. The real Perfumista Problem is the L’Artisan Jour de Fete I bought during Sniffapalooza last week. It’s a big, bulky, 100 ml bottle, and it completely throw off my beautiful symmetry. I’m pretty sure that the only solution to this particular Perfumista Problem is to buy another L’Artisan. You know, for balance. DON’T YOU JUDGE ME.

What are your most pressing Perfumista Problems? Please share with us in the comments!

23 Responses to “Perfumista Problems”

1. Megan

Summer limited editions. I feel like I have to get every single year of a collection.

Oh, LEs are dangerous. What brands are you particularly susceptible to, Megan?

2. Katherine

My problem is loving discontinued fragrances. It’s a losing game. And buying unsniffed is dangerous.

I don’t even want to think about how much I would be willing to pay for one of my discontinued favorites, like MAC MV3 or Lubin Idole EDT.

My most pressing perfumista problem is: when I see people’s collections standing like that in the open I feel almost physical pain and start asking all those questions about the direct light in the room, speed with which one goes through all of the bottles, etc. ;)

This does indeed sound like a very serious perfumista problem ;) To alleviate concern somewhat: all first-floor apartments in New York have bars on the windows, so my room gets no natural light. This picture was brightened significantly. That being said, I miss my perfume mini-fridge very much.

• Undina

Ok, you soothed my worries :)
        I would have swapped a mini fridge (that I don’t have) for NY in a heartbeat!

4. Katherine

Thats my other problem! Where to put my frags so they don’t turn? My family likes food in the fridge. Not my skincare (it’s crazy huge) and my perfume.

My mini-fridge was $80 from Target and could probably hold up to 150 perfumes. I highly recommend it! Of course, what was plenty enough for me may not be sufficient for others with a more voluptuous collection ;)

5. Suzy Q

Hypothetically, of course, which L’Artisan would you buy?

Poivre Piquant! Eventually I’ll buy backups of Safran Troublant and Bois Farine- at the same time, of course, to maintain the symmetry ;)

6. Lynley

Ooh I love photos of other people’s collections! :)
    I do the symmetry thing too. My two-fold issue is which seasonal selection to have on my dresser, and then they have to be widely represented by different houses and fragrance groups, and symmetrically arranged.

• Lynley

:-) current rotation is ‘weather beginning to cool’, and some will be swapped as it gets cooler. It’s almost as big as your whole collection Ari! :-o (I have a ridiculous collection. Selecting ‘the chosen’ is hard). So on dresser: lutens fleur d’oranger and 5 o’clock, Guerlain Songe d’un bois d’ete, Habit Rouge and L’heure bleue, Profumi del Forte Roma Imperiale and By Night, White, Roma by Laura Biagiotti, Organza Indecence, D&G Sicily, Caron Yatagan, Safran Troublant, Bvlgari Thé Blanc, Nasomatto Absinth, Yvresse, L’air du desert Marocain, Voyage d’Hermes, Goutal Les Nuit d’Hadrian, Penhaligans Amaranthine, Ted Lapidus Silk Way and Armani Prive Pierre de Lune.
        Phew! And it’s cold and rainy today so maybe time to swap a couple..
        Oh and I cheat anyway. I still go to the motherload to find other ones… :)

Lots of beauties on your list! I’ve been wearing Yvresse a lot lately, but I may have to put it away soon since it’s warming up on this side of the world!

7. sweetgrass79

My problem is TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and Ross and my propensity for impulse purchases therein. :) That’s how I ended up with a bottle of Lady Gaga Fame that I would never have bought if it hadn’t been $12.

8. roses outkast meaning

Nice blog right here! Also your site loads up fast!
    What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your affiliaye hyperlink to your host?
    I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

9. Jacki

It’s nearly impossible to find experienced people
    on this topic, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks