1) Limes are not a citrus fruit.
I was disabused of my erroneous belief that limes are, in fact, a citrus fruit at the Henri Bendel L’Artisan counter. The enlightened saleswoman suggested that I try their new Batucada.
“Oh”, I responded, “the one with the limes.”
“No, no, it’s a citrus infusion.”
“But… but lime is a type of citrus.”
“Yeah, but it’s a citrus infusion.”
Ignoring the fact that the L’Artisan website note lists lime as one of Batucada’s notes… “citrus infusion”? What does that even mean?
2) I enjoy smelling like peanut butter.
That’s why I brought home a bottle of L’Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine, which smells like uncooked peanut butter cookies.
3) Perfumer Aurelien Guichard is off the market. (The dating market, not the perfumery market.)
This devastating news was delivered by Joe Garces, CEO of Robert Piguet.
4) Aedes de Venustas does not allow photography.
Unfortunately for them, I learned of this policy after having photographed their doggeh.
5) Sometimes, when people tell you that your face will not be in a picture, they are lying.
More detailed post to come!