1) Quietly sobbing into packs of frozen peas. I had my wisdom teeth removed last Tuesday, and almost immediately developed a dry socket. Dry sockets are a post-surgical complication that several female Internet commenters have described as “more painful than childbirth”. I can’t say for sure, but I’m pretty inclined to agree with them.
2) Doing job interviews for things that I can’t tell you about yet. BUT I TOTALLY WANT TO.
3) Playing Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing is an adorable video game in which you’re the mayor of a town of semi-humanoid animals. No matter how unemployed I am, in Animal Crossing I’m a capable and highly respected legislator.
4) Not wearing perfume. Anything too sweet makes my tooth pain worse, and “too sweet” is pretty much the defining characteristic of my perfume collection. A few exceptions have been Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay, with its delicious interplay of tart and savory, and For Strange Women Coffee Extract, the sweetest graduation present from The Unseen Censer. Isn’t “For Strange Women” the absolute perfect name for an indie perfume brand?
5) Buying too much nail polish. These two, Butter London Chimney Sweep and All Hail The Queen, are from a recent Nordstrom Buy 2 Get 1 sale. I flipped my everything when I saw that Sephora currently has a mini of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday as a beauty insider reward. So of course I had to get a bottle of Urban Decay Addiction to qualify for it!
I’ve been gone at least 20 Blog Years, so tell me everything new in your lives and your perfume collections. I miss you all and can’t wait until my teeth stop betraying me.